Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a great variation of the usual marshmallow treat.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- Using a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Slowly add sugar and stir well.
- Add marshmallows; stirring constantly until marshmallows melt.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in cereals.
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan with cooking spray; press chewy mixture evenly into bottom of pan.
- it's a lot easier if your hands are wet.
- Let cool for 60 minutes and cut.
These are delicious. Kind of like an adult version of the Rice Krispie Treat (of course, this version is great for kids also). The brown sugar really adds a nice, mild butterscotchy flavor. Thanks for sharing this easy but scrumptious treat!