Recipe by Margie99
We took these to a potluck and they were a hit. They can easily be cut smaller to make a whole bunch of tasty little morsels. My husband wants to try them made with chocolate chips instead.
Top Review by College Girl
was going to add this sweet ending... too late!! WOWZA this is a GREAT one.!! Tried it, loved it! actually used this recipe to bribe some frat boys across the road. I told them i would bake if they wouldn't tow her car. This is all I made for a month. (only made this recipe twice. THEY LOOOOOVVVVVVEREEEEEED IT! You and you're family wiill too unsuspecting butterscotch/cheesecake lover.This is one of my ULTIMATE KEEPERS
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Grease or butter a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan melt the chips and butter over low heat, stirring often. When melted and smooth remove from the heat and mix in the graham cracker crumbs. Set aside about 2/3 cup of the crumb mixture, press the rest into the bottom of the prepared pan to form the crust.
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the condensed milk, vanilla and egg, beat until smooth. Fold in the pecans. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of the crust then sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature and then serve chilled.