Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
You'll love 'em!!
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped nuts (whatever you prefer)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- In medium saucepan, melt morsels and maragarine; stir in crumbs and nuts.
- Press half of mixture firmly into bottom of greased 13 x 9" pan.
- In large bowl, beat cheese until fluffy; beat in Eagle Brand Milk, vanilla and egg.
- Mix well.
- Pour on top of crumb and nut mixture in pan.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees, until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Chill before cutting into bars.
- Refrigerate bars.
I love these! I can't recall if I found this recipe in BH&G or LHJ, but I love butterscotch and how simple this recipe is to put together. Thank you so much for posting this!
These are extremely sweet and rich bars, a bit too much so for my taste. I have a few modifications in mind. I agree that they were quite easy to put together.
My husband adored these bars. They are a cinch to make and a delight to eat. Cut carefully as places in the crust seemed to carmelize as it cooked. I tried a small piece with a little chocolate syrup over it....pure heaven and rich as all get out! A certain repeat recipe in our house!