Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Mmm.. yummee! =D
Make and share this Butterscotch Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup crushed arnotts milk arrowroot cookie
- 1⁄4 cup crushed toasted walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
For Cheese Filling
- 750 g softened cream cheese
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For Butterscotch Topping
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 dash vanilla essence
- For the cheesecake crust, mix Arnotts milk cookies, toasted walnuts and butter.
- Press into base of 9 inch springform pan.
- Put aside to set.
- For the filling, beat cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, gradually adding in the sugar.
- When well-combined, add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Add cream and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into cookie base and bake at 200C for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature of oven to 180C and bake for another 60 minutes. (If top begins to burn, cover top loosely with foil).
- To make the topping, melt sugar in cream and butter over the stove and stir until well-blended and smooth.
- Turn off the fire and add the vanilla essence.
- Spread generously over cooled cheesecake and refrigerate overnight.
- Decorate cheesecake as you desire with berries/ nuts/ chocolate swirls.