1/3 Photos of Butterscotch Cheesecake
2 hrs 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Discovered this recipe on a recipe site. Cook time and prep time are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 12 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) jar caramel topping, warmed
- 1 (8 ounce) package turtle candies, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Lightly butter a springform pan.
- 3In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, and sugar and stir in the butter, until thoroughly blended.
- 4Press the crust over the bottom and 1/4 of the way up the sides of the prepared pan.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes, then set the pan aside to cool.
- 6For the Filling: In the top of a double boiler that is set over barely simmering water, melt the butterscotch chips with the heavy cream, stirring until smooth and creamy.
- 7Remove the pan from the heat.
- 8Put the cream cheese and brown sugar in a large bowl and beat until smooth using an electric mixer on medium speed.
- 9Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating for 20 seconds after each addition.
- 10Scrape down the bowl.
- 11Then add the sour cream, flour, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- 12Add the butterscotch mixture and beat on low speed until smooth.
- 13Scrape down the bowl.
- 14Pour the filling into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- 15Fill a 2-quart baking pan halfway with hot water and place on the bottom rack of the oven.
- 16Place the cake in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- 17Turn off the oven and leave the cake in the oven for 1 hour more with the door closed.
- 18Remove the cake from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- 19Cover the cake with foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 20Garnish: Drizzle half of the warm caramel sauce over the cake.
- 21Sprinkle the chopped Turtle candies evenly over the caramel.
- 22Drizzle the remaining caramel over the candies.
- 23To Serve: Transfer the cake to a serving plate and remove the sides of the springform pan.
- 24Slice the cake with a sharp, thin knife, wiping the blade clean after each cut.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.2
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 290.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g