From Family Circle mag 4/1/00.
Make and share this Butterscotch Cashew Scotchies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cake mix, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer. Beat on low speed 1 minute. Stop machine; scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. Beat 1 minute more. Stir in half the cashews and butterscotch chips.
- Transfer batter to ungreased 11 3/4 x 7 1/2 x 1 3/4 inch glass baking dish. Spread batter evenly to all sides using rubber scraper. Sprinkle remaining cashew pieces and butterscotch chips over batter.
- Bake until golden brown and wooden pick in center comes out clean, about 30 to 32 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut cake into 24 bars. Remove bars from pan with metal spatula.