Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Family Circle mag 4/1/00.
- 517.37 g package yellow cake mix
- 59.14 ml packed light brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml chopped unsalted dry-roasted cashews
- 118.29 ml butterscotch chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cake mix, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer. Beat on low speed 1 minute. Stop machine; scrape down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. Beat 1 minute more. Stir in half the cashews and butterscotch chips.
- Transfer batter to ungreased 11 3/4 x 7 1/2 x 1 3/4 inch glass baking dish. Spread batter evenly to all sides using rubber scraper. Sprinkle remaining cashew pieces and butterscotch chips over batter.
- Bake until golden brown and wooden pick in center comes out clean, about 30 to 32 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut cake into 24 bars. Remove bars from pan with metal spatula.
I tried this recipe 2 weeks ago and have made it so many times. every time I share it I am asked for the recipe.I did not have yellow cake mix and I used buttered flavored. then I tried the yellow and my family loves the buttered flavor the best.I wish I could give it 10 stars. I think I will try it with chocolate cake mix with chocolate chips.
My family loves this recipe. We like to mix and match the add-ins (rather than 1 C cashews I'll sometimes add miniature chocolate chips). Yummy! I use a 13X9 glass pan and cook for 28 minutes.
What a wonderfully easy, rich cookie! These will definitely show up on my Christmas cookie platter. The butterscotch and the cashews were a tasty combination. Made for My 3 Chefs.