This crunchie, sweet, salty snack is a great family treat for Halloween,your monthly cravings,or a good movie! Best made on days with no humidity.Try a mix of your favorite nuts in place of the cashews.
- Heat oven to 250F degrees.
- Grease parchment paper on a 14x10" cookie sheet pan.
- Pop the popcorn.
- Put nuts and popcorn in a very large bowl or stock pot.
- Bring brown sugar, corn syrup and butter to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in butterscotch chips, buttershots, baking soda and salt until blended and smooth.
- Working quickly pour syrup over popcorn and nuts, stir to coat thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into pan; bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool mixture in pan about 15 minutes.
- Turn mixture out of pan onto foil to cool completely.
- Break popcorn into smaller pieces; store in zip lock bags in cool dry place up to 2 weeks if it last that long.