Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This crunchie, sweet, salty snack is a great family treat for Halloween,your monthly cravings,or a good movie! Best made on days with no humidity.Try a mix of your favorite nuts in place of the cashews.
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon dekuyper butterscotch schnapps
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cashews
- Heat oven to 250F degrees.
- Grease parchment paper on a 14x10" cookie sheet pan.
- Pop the popcorn.
- Put nuts and popcorn in a very large bowl or stock pot.
- Bring brown sugar, corn syrup and butter to boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in butterscotch chips, buttershots, baking soda and salt until blended and smooth.
- Working quickly pour syrup over popcorn and nuts, stir to coat thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into pan; bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool mixture in pan about 15 minutes.
- Turn mixture out of pan onto foil to cool completely.
- Break popcorn into smaller pieces; store in zip lock bags in cool dry place up to 2 weeks if it last that long.
Yum, yum yum! I doubled the salt, and didn't have the schnapps, but it was still delish! Next time I'll make the trip to get the schnapps...I'll bet that it makes it even better!
Delicious, delicious, delicious! Me thinks this is a shoe-in to add to my Christmas cookie tray for work, and for the family Christmas party as well!