Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another recipe from an old issue of Taste of Home. I always make these during the holidays!
Make and share this Butterscotch Cashew Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened, plus or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened or 2 tablespoons margarine, to grease pan
- 1 (10 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 10 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 1⁄2 cups salted cashews, halves
- In a mixing bowl, cream the 1 cup of butter and brown sugar.
- Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Press into a greased 15x10 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine butterscotch chips, corn syrup, butter and water in a saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until chips and butter are melted.
- Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with cashews, press down lightly.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
These were a great sweet and salty treat! I halved the recipe and made in my biscotti pan.
Yummy! If you love cashews and caramel flavor, these are the ticket. They're decadent.
Had cashews and butterscotch chips on hand that I needed to use, and this was a tasty use for them. Be careful, as the edge pieces got very hard - almost to the hard candy point - don't pull your teeth out! Next time I will cut off and discard the edges.