1 hr 5 mins
This is a very sweet noodle pudding. Serve this as a sweet side dish like you would a Thanksgiving sweet potato casserole. You may halve this recipe if you like, in which case use 3 medium eggs. Please use mild curry powder in this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups freshly cooked egg noodles, cooked according to pkg directions & drained, measured after cooking
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese, drained well
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 -5 raw carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick coin shapes (measuring 2 cups once sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 teaspoon mild curry powder (do not use spicy!)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 9x13" glass casserole dish.
- 2Prepare noodles according to package directions, drain and return to pot (off of the heat.) Add butter to noodles and stir gently to coat; set aside to cool slightly.
- 3Meanwhile, place cut carrots and 1/2 tsp granulated sugar into a small saucepan and cover with cold water.
- 4Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-ish heat and cook until fork tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- 5Drain carrots and return to same pot (but off of the heat).
- 6To the carrots, the 2 Tbsp brown sugar,the curry powder, the raisins, and a teaspoon of butter and stir until combined and butter has melted; set aside.
- 7Get a large mixing bowl and using a spoon (not a mixer!), stir together the drained ricotta cheese and the cream cheese until well blended.
- 8Add the 1/2 cup sugar and the eggs and mix until smooth.
- 9Slowly add the cooled noodles, stirring to combine the egg mixture with the noodles.
- 10Spread half of the noodle mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- 11Pour the carrot mixture over the noodle layer, evenly distributing the raisins& the carrots.
- 12Top with remaining noodle mixture, spreading with a rubber spatula.
- 13Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over the surface.
- 14Bake, uncovered, in the center of the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden and set.
- 15Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Carrot Noodle Pudding Aka Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.4
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 145.9 mg
- Sodium 151.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 11.1 g