1/1 Photo of Butterscotch Caramel Salty Dogs
Very easy to make, no-cook recipe. Butterscotch, caramel and peanuts make a delicious candy/dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium-sized glass bowl, melt the butterscotch chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes.
- 2Remove bowl and stir in the marshmallow cream and powdered milk.
- 3Add the vanilla and mix well. The mixture will be very thick.
- 4At this point, use your hands and knead the mixture almost like bread dough.
- 5Roll the mixture into walnut sized pieces and shape like your little finger.
- 6Place finger shapes on wax paper to set.
- 7In a separate bowl, melt the caramels and milk together in the microwave on high for 1.5 to 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir well.
- 8Roll set fingers into the caramel mixture, making sure the caramel is not too hot and won't burn your fingers.
- 9Once rolled in caramel, immediately roll in chopped nuts and place back on the wax paper to harden.
- 10You can vary the yield by how large or small you make the "fingers".
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Caramel Salty Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (1312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.3
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 163.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g