Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I love butterscotch. It has such a completely different flavor than caramel. This cookie recipe is easy and the only thing you'd really have to have special is the butterscotch chips. If you're a butterscotch lover like me, a bag of those little chips always stay on the pantry shelf. It is different, tho...it has cocoa powder in it. Number of cookies depends on the size of your tablespoon!
Top Review by Lil Sis
These cookies are very simple and so chewy which is good because we love chewy cookies. I added a bit more butterscotch chips and left out the nuts. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix with pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ingredients, folding in chips and nuts (if using) last.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper. Bake 14 minutes or until golden on the edges, being careful not to overbake. Cool for a minute then transfer to wire racks to cool.