Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love butterscotch. It has such a completely different flavor than caramel. This cookie recipe is easy and the only thing you'd really have to have special is the butterscotch chips. If you're a butterscotch lover like me, a bag of those little chips always stay on the pantry shelf. It is different, tho...it has cocoa powder in it. Number of cookies depends on the size of your tablespoon!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix with pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ingredients, folding in chips and nuts (if using) last.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper. Bake 14 minutes or until golden on the edges, being careful not to overbake. Cool for a minute then transfer to wire racks to cool.
These cookies are very simple and so chewy which is good because we love chewy cookies. I added a bit more butterscotch chips and left out the nuts. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Wonderful butterscotch flavor. I think the Cocoa was the key. Really easy and fast! I am adding to my Permanent Cookie list. Thanks so much for sharing!
Very good and convenient! I got about 40 cookies using a #100 scoop. I did not use the cocoa powder, but I did add in about a tablespoon of molasses. They didn't taste like they were made with a cake mix. I will definitely be making these again in the future.