Recipe by mandabears
Easy and it doesn't use a cake mix. Butterscotch is almost as good as chocolate. I have been making this cake for years, since I was married to Peter Pan. He wanted the recipe, but I got custody of it and the kids.
Top Review by Leominster Lee
I made this for my family this wkend and it was a huge hit. IMO it was a tad too sweet but the kids and my partner adored it! Super easy, though I had to convert the self rise to regular flour and that took a little time to find the conversions but the recipe itself is very very easy and comes out beautifully.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup water (I use 1 % or 2 % milk instead)
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (11 ounce) bag butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a Bundt pan.
- I use Pam spray In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except butterscotch chips.
- Mix at low speed for 1 minute, then at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Pour into Bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Can dust with confectioners sugar.