Recipe by Salt Lake Meal Swapping
A Melt in your mouth speciality. From the Make-a-mix cookbook. Needs Hot Roll Mix.
- 1 1⁄2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 6 cups hot roll mix
- 1 (3 ounce) packageregular butterscotch pudding
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 (2 ounce) package pecans, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Blend in eggs and oil or margarine. Add 5 cups of Hot Roll Mix. Stir well. Add additional Hot Roll Mix to make a soft, but not too sticky dough. Knead about 5 minutes until dough is smooth. Lightly butter bowl. Put dough in bowl and turn to butter top. Cover dough with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. Punch down dough. Divide dough in to 48 balls of equal size. Place balls on a cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze. When frozen, transfer to plastic bags for storage in freezer. Use within 1 to 2 months. About 8 hours before serving, or the night before, place 24 frozen balls in each of 2 unbuttered bunt pans. Sprinkle half of the butterscotch pudding on each pan of frozen rolls. Combine melted butter or margarine and brown sugar in a small bowl Pour half the mixture over each pan of rolls. Sprinkle half of pecans and half of cinnamon over each pan. Cover both pans with towels and let rise about 8 hours over night. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 c) Bake about 30 minutes, until golden brown. Makes 2 butterscotch rings.