Recipe by Sooz Cooks
These are not your traditional Buckeyes but I love butterscotch. If you want more tradition use choclolate chips instead of butterscotch
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar (sifted)
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball.
- Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate hours or freeze 1 hour until firm.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate and shortening. Whisk together until smooth.
- Remove balls from refrigerator or freezer. Insert a wooden toothpick into a ball, and dip into melted chocolate.
- Return to wax paper, chocolate side down, and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.