Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
these are good with or without the frosting.
Make and share this Butterscotch Brownies With Caramel Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 16 ounces butterscotch chips
For Caramel Frosting
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For brownies:.
- cream butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time beating thoroughly after each one.
- sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- add to egg mixture and blend well.
- stir in vanilla, nuts and butterscotch chips.
- grease and lightly flour a 9x13 baking pan and spread batter evenly into it.
- bake @ 350 degrees F for 20 - 25 minutes.
- For Caramel Frosting;.
- in medium saucepan, melt butter until brown.
- add brown sugar, stirring constantly until melted.
- Pour in cram, mix well. cool.
- add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until thick and creamy.
- spread on brownies.