1 hr 30 mins
In 'Pastry Queen Parties'
My Private Note
1/2 doz ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- 1Make the brownies: preheat oven to 350°; line a 13 x 18 inch pan with aluminum foil and grease with butter or cooking spray.
- 2Using an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat 1 cup butter and the 3 cups brown sugar on med-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 3Add in the eggs and 1 tablespoon vanilla and continue beating for another minute.
- 4In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 5Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture on low speed until incorporated.
- 6Stir in the pecans.
- 7Pour into the prepared pan, smoothing the top.
- 8Bake until the bars are set and slightly puffed, 25-30 minutes; cool completely before icing.
- 9Make the icing: in a saucepan set over medium heat, melt 1 cup butter and 2 cups brown sugar.
- 10Once the mixture is lightly bubbling, decrease heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 more minutes; set aside.
- 11Using an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the powdered sugar, half-and-half, and vanilla on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- 12Add the melted butter mixture and beat until combined.
- 13Pour over the cooled brownies and spread evenly.
- 14Let the brownies sit for about 30 minutes to allow the icing to firm up before cutting into squares.
- 15**Left uncut in the pan, the bars will keep at room temperature, covered, for up to 3 days.
- 16Cut them the day you'll serve them; once cut, they can be wrapped and frozen for up to 3 weeks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Brownies With Brown Sugar Butter Icing
Serving Size: 1 (2979 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6329.0
- Calories from Fat 2510
- Total Fat 278.9 g
- Saturated Fat 129.6 g
- Cholesterol 925.9 mg
- Sodium 1916.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 945.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 779.5 g
- Protein 45.0 g