Recipe by Mom2Rose
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 24 bars.
Top Review by michelles3boys
A couple of months ago I made 8 of these jars for Christmas presents. Yesterday I got feedback from one of the people whom I had given one to. She said that the brownies were awesome and had disappeared quickly. When I told her I would give her the recipe, she seemed surprised. She didn't realize I had made the jar mix myself, but had assumed that I had bought it from Cracker Barrel. To me, that was a great compliment! This was a fun project, and I would like to do it again sometime!! Thank you Mom2Rose for not only the delicious recipe, but for the great gift idea!
- 473.18 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 414.03 ml brown sugar, packed
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 177.44 ml butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:.
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and then brown sugar - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup butter, softened, 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- BROWNIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- Spread the batter evenly in a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan before cutting into 24 squares.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.