Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 24 bars.
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:.
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and then brown sugar - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup butter, softened, 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- BROWNIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, blend the butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- Spread the batter evenly in a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan before cutting into 24 squares.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.