1/6 Photos of Butterscotch Brownies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 24 bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:.
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and then brown sugar - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES GIFT TAG:
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 3/4 cup butter, softened, 2 eggs and 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- 7BROWNIE INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 375.
- 9In a large bowl, blend the butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- 10Add the contents of the jar, and stir until well mixed.
- 11Spread the batter evenly in a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- 12Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 13Cool completely in pan before cutting into 24 squares.
- 14Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Brownies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 108.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 1.6 g