Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a little different than most of the butterscotch brownies already posted. I think the condensed milk makes the brownies really chewy. The end result is excellent.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, butter and 1 egg at medium speed until mixture is crumbly.
- Press evenly in 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with pecan and chips.
- In a bowl mix condensed milk, 2 eggs and vanilla extract.
- Pour evenly over chip/nut layer.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Cut into bars.
- Store covered at room temperature.
This was great. I used a Betty Crocker butter pecan cake mix instead of yellow. I will make this again!
I just made these,wanted something quick for Hubbie,and forgot to read instuctions,lol,mixed it all together and I have to say,is best brownies I ever had,so chocolaty.I also threw some choocolate chips on top and let melt and oh what a great recipe.