Recipe by Michelle S.
This recipe is simplicity at it's best. Basic ingredients transformed into a rich comforting bar. Growing up we enjoyed these with a glass of hot tea.
Top Review by MowseConspiracy
Yummy. Tastes like butterscotch. However mine would have had more depth of that flavor had I not had to use half pure cane sugar, and half brown sugar, because I only had half the amount of brown sugar needed. That said, it is easy, yummy, chewy yet crispy, treat I will make again.
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup coarsley chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Melt the butter, stir in brown sugar; blending well.
- Let cool a moment before stirring in the egg.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add vanilla and walnuts.
- Spread into pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, do NOT overbake.
- Cut into bars while still warm.