Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Dense/chewy 'no chocolate' brownies. This recipe comes from the cookbook 'Cooking in the New South' by Anne Byrn.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt butter in 13-by-9-inch pan.
- Put sugar in large mixing bowl.
- Pour melted butter over sugar.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Pour back into already buttered pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of pan.
- When cool, cut into squares.