Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
supremely chewy rich bar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups well-packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional ( I never add them....)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and butter an 8 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and add the sugar. Combine well.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature then transfer to large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, mixing while adding.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, stirring while adding.
- When well combined stir in the vanilla and walnuts, if using.
- Scrape the batter into pan.
- Bake brownies for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes before cutting.
I found this to be more cakey than chewy, I think next time I wouldn't bake it as long. Very nice tasting though! I suspect it will taste even better the next day. :)