Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 59.14 ml shortening or 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat shortening over low heat until melted,remove from heat.
- Mix in brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in greased baking pan (8x8x2 inches).
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cut into 1 3/4 inch squares while still warm.
- Makes 1 1/2 dozen.
These brownies are delicious! I chose them because they looked similar to my grandmother's recipe for Blonde Brownies, but they actually turned out more dense and chewy. It was a very nice change! I only ended up with a dozen bars, because I cut them a little larger. I have a feeling they'll be gone very quickly!
I have been making these for years and they are absolutely delicious, especially with a glass of milk!
I love the edges! These are good but they're a bit sweet for me.