- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat shortening over low heat until melted,remove from heat.
- Mix in brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in greased baking pan (8x8x2 inches).
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Cut into 1 3/4 inch squares while still warm.
- Makes 1 1/2 dozen.
These brownies are delicious! I chose them because they looked similar to my grandmother's recipe for Blonde Brownies, but they actually turned out more dense and chewy. It was a very nice change! I only ended up with a dozen bars, because I cut them a little larger. I have a feeling they'll be gone very quickly!
I have been making these for years and they are absolutely delicious, especially with a glass of milk!
I love the edges! These are good but they're a bit sweet for me.