- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup ground walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square baking pan.
- In large bowl, cream the shortening, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, walnuts, baking powder and salt. Slowly add to egg mixture, stirring until well blended. Spread dough evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.