Recipe by loof
From Better Homes & Gardens - a rich and delicious treat!
Top Review by mummamills
rich is right! and very sweet. Came together well, but when it cooled, I cut it and it was still oozey inside. I gave it 10 mins in a pre heated oven to "set" the middle.
I took this to a function, and everyone "nibbled " it, and said it would be great with ice cream, but most people found it just a tad too sweet.
made for Aussie swap Oct 2011
- 78.07 ml butter
- 158.51 ml brown sugar, packed
- 354.88 ml shredded coconut
- 177.44 ml chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 3 eggs
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml flour
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 118.29 ml miniature marshmallow
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 2/3 cup brown sugar, coconut, and 3/4 cup pecans and mix well. Pat mixture evenly into a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup butter on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup brown sugar, baking soda, and salt and beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add flour and beat well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup pecans and marshmallows.
- Spoon small mounds of batter over base in pan. Carefully spread to cover.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Mixture should be evenly browned; center may jiggle slightly when shaken. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars when completely cooled.
- If desired, serve with a drizzle of caramel topping.