Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Better Homes & Gardens - a rich and delicious treat!
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- In a small saucepan, melt 1/3 cup butter. Add 2/3 cup brown sugar, coconut, and 3/4 cup pecans and mix well. Pat mixture evenly into a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup butter on medium-high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup brown sugar, baking soda, and salt and beat until combined.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add flour and beat well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup pecans and marshmallows.
- Spoon small mounds of batter over base in pan. Carefully spread to cover.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Mixture should be evenly browned; center may jiggle slightly when shaken. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars when completely cooled.
- If desired, serve with a drizzle of caramel topping.
rich is right! and very sweet. Came together well, but when it cooled, I cut it and it was still oozey inside. I gave it 10 mins in a pre heated oven to "set" the middle.
I took this to a function, and everyone "nibbled " it, and said it would be great with ice cream, but most people found it just a tad too sweet.
made for Aussie swap Oct 2011
My Gosh but these are good. I don't know what I was expecting, but nothing this sinful. I didn't have pecans on hand and so used walnuts but other than that followed the recipe. I brought these to a 4th of July gathering and they got rave reviews. These will definitely be made again loof~
Oh, my, loof, what a sleeper recipe! I expected these to be good. They were OUTSTANDING! I brought them to a group meeting I went to, and they not only dissappeared at light speed, they also received so much positive feedback - even though I had both a chocolate and non-chocolate offering, for the first time ever, the non-chocolate one went well before the chocolate! I did add the marshmallows, and I do think they add a lovely texture, so I would keep them in. The other comment I have is be sure that you bake them until they have a good all over golden-brown colour, and the jiggle is just a small jiggle, not the locomotion. ;o) Thanks, loof! Made for Zaar Stars. Oh - I liked these SO much, I made another pan this morning to take to work. The entire pan was gone in 10 minutes, and not only did I have to give the recipe out, I had to promise to make them again really soon. :D This morning I was short one egg, and I used recipe #19402 to replace it, and it was perfect! Thanks, loof! Made for Zaar Stars.