Recipe by aburn621
Like the original, but no chocolate! Only butterscotch!
Top Review by iwanttoeat!
Let me start off by saying that these are not that bad, but the title is misleading. I have never had a butterscotch brownie to know what they are supposed to taste like, but I have had butterscotch and these taste nothing like it. It was like a sticky blondie. (Good, but like I said before, doesn't taste like butterscotch)<br/><br/>Secondly, the servings are significantly off! I made the 18 serving version and was skeptical of the amount of ingredients involved. It made 4 brownies (I had to use a bread pan)<br/><br/>With all that said, I think they would be better with walnuts in the batter and then put vanilla ice cream on top. That would be delicious!<br/><br/>I'm skeptical that the last reviewer actually made this recipe....
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan.
- Stir in brown sugar until it disolves.
- Cool Slightly.
- Beat in Egg and Vanilla.
- Sift Flour, Salt, and Baking Powder.
- Stir into Butter - Sugar Mixture.
- Put in a Greased pan.
- Cook 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.