Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Like the original, but no chocolate! Only butterscotch!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan.
- Stir in brown sugar until it disolves.
- Cool Slightly.
- Beat in Egg and Vanilla.
- Sift Flour, Salt, and Baking Powder.
- Stir into Butter - Sugar Mixture.
- Put in a Greased pan.
- Cook 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Let me start off by saying that these are not that bad, but the title is misleading. I have never had a butterscotch brownie to know what they are supposed to taste like, but I have had butterscotch and these taste nothing like it. It was like a sticky blondie. (Good, but like I said before, doesn't taste like butterscotch)<br/><br/>Secondly, the servings are significantly off! I made the 18 serving version and was skeptical of the amount of ingredients involved. It made 4 brownies (I had to use a bread pan)<br/><br/>With all that said, I think they would be better with walnuts in the batter and then put vanilla ice cream on top. That would be delicious!<br/><br/>I'm skeptical that the last reviewer actually made this recipe....
Amazing! Couldn't believe I was able to make such a well-received dessert with ingredients I already had. Found this recipe through supercook.com.