Recipe by crazycookinmama
These are very moist brownies, I made them for a gift for Christmas, and they were a hit!!! I got this out of the Betty Crocker Big Red Cookbook.
Top Review by tazbabe07
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. Mine is a Better Homes & Gardens recipe and is packed away. These brownies are the easiest to make and I've been making them since 1981. The ingredients are simple and usually on hand. I made a double batch at 11pm last night...yummmy
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350³F.
- Grease bottom and sides of square pan, 8x8x2 inches, with shortening.
- Melt butter in 1 1/2 quart saucepan over low heat; remove from heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, vanilla, milk and egg.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- For brownies, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows while warm.