Recipe by lkadlec
Butterscotch Brownie mix in a jar with tag attached with directions on how to prepare the mix. These make wonderful gifts to give any time of year and also for wedding favors, hostess gifts, baby showers or take to a cookie exchange and make sure to bake some up so people know what they taste like to. Store in a cool dry place away from a heat source so condensation and clumping does not occur. Enjoy!
Top Review by cook from scratch
Mmmmmm yummy!!! We are trying out jar mix recipes now in preparation for the holidays trying to decide which ones to give as gifts. This one is GOOD!! I had some coconut and pecans I needed to use up and this was a great way to use them! YUM!
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients to prepare mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Set aside. Layer ingredients in order given in a 1 quart 2 sized wide mouth canning jar.
- Add flour mixture last. Press each layer firmly in place.
- Attach this message to jar:
- Butterscotch Brownies Empty jar of brownie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix. Add: 3/4 cup butter or margarine,softened at room temperature. DO NOT USE DIET MARGARINE. Mix in 2 eggs, slightly beaten and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix until completely blended. Spread batter into a sprayed 9 x 13 inch metal pan. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cool 15 minutes in baking pan. Cut brownies into 1 1/2 inch squares. Cool completely in pan.