Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Warm and good with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup your choice of diced dried fruit
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread cubes in buttered 2-1/2 cup casserole.
- Beat egg slightly, stir in butter, milk, brown sugar, seasonings and raisins.
- Pour egg mixture on bread cubes.
- Bake until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Top with ice cream if you like.