Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is very easy to make and tastes great too!
- 1 loaf day-old bread, torn into small pieces (10.75 ounce package)
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, milk, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and butterscotch chips; mixture should be the consistency of oatmeal.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, until nearly set. (It should have a "thigh wiggle" or wiggle as much as a well endowed thigh.)
- Serve warm or cold.
This was excellent! Made this for about 20 people and it was enough for all of us! Very filling, and delightfully sweet, though next time, I will be reducing the brown sugar, and leaving the butter as is. For diabetics or health nuts, however, less sugar and butter seems to be in order. Thanks!