Recipe by Juenessa
This recipe is very easy to make and tastes great too!
Top Review by Stringbean42
This was excellent! Made this for about 20 people and it was enough for all of us! Very filling, and delightfully sweet, though next time, I will be reducing the brown sugar, and leaving the butter as is. For diabetics or health nuts, however, less sugar and butter seems to be in order. Thanks!
- 1 loaf day-old bread, torn into small pieces (10.75 ounce package)
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, milk, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and butterscotch chips; mixture should be the consistency of oatmeal.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour, until nearly set. (It should have a "thigh wiggle" or wiggle as much as a well endowed thigh.)
- Serve warm or cold.