Top Review by katew
I had a fabulous result so thank you - i took this bread to my mother's on Good Friday and it cut beautifully and we put butter on it and everyone loved it. I added chopped walnuts to give some texture.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- Stir in the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter all at once.
- Mix just enough to moisten.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.