Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Great bread recipe to add you your collection 8) Mmmm,I can almost smell it baking!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
I halved this recipe and made this to be served with tea this evening. This truly is one of the MOST EXCELLENT Breads I've ever eaten. Thank U so much for sharing this recipe.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour milk or 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup english walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Beat the eggs,gradually adding in the sugar.
- Add the melted shortening.
- Sift together the flour,salt,baking powder& soda.
- Add to the egg/sugar mixture,alternatly with milk.
- Add the chopped nuts,blending only enough to dampen the flour.
- Pour mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake appox 45 minutes,or until bread slightly shrinks from the sides of pan.