Recipe by Vino Girl
From Cooking Light January 2007
Top Review by Deb G
Browning the butter gives these blondies fabulous flavor! Definitely the new family favorite recipe, and I doubt I will try any others! Received this recently in an email newsletter from Cooking Light and was checking to see if it was already posted, and (obviously) it was! Thanks Vino Girl!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Place butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook for 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Pour into a small bowl, and cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine butter and egg substitute, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour butter mixture over flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray; smooth top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.