Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These blondies are awesome and a little different from the recipes posted.
Make and share this Butterscotch Blondies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter the baking pan, line the pan with foil and butter the foil.
- For the blondies cream butter and sugar on medium speed.
- In a small bowl, stir together the eggs and vanilla; add the egg mixture to the butter mixture and blend on low speed until combined. Scrape down bowl.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in the chips, then scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center is not longer runny when tested with a wooden skewer.
- Remove the blondies to a wire rack to cool.
- For the topping in a small saucepan, combine the butter and milk over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the powder sugar and brown sugar;stir until melted.
- Increase the heat to medium high, bring the mixture just barely to a simmer, and simmer for 5 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Poke holes in the top of the baked blondies with a wooden skewer, then pour the caramel topping over the top.
- Sprinkle the toffee pieces over the topping and let cool to set.
- Cut blondies into 2x3 inch pieces.