Prep 15 mins
Cook 44 mins
Make and share this Butterscotch Berry Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, chilled
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup Smucker's® Seedless Red Raspberry Jam, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Smucker's® Butterscotch Flavored Topping, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 5 cups fresh berries, quartered if large (such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- HEAT oven to 350°F Combine flour, sugar and salt in processor; blend 10 seconds. Add shortening, blending until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg, vanilla and almond extracts. Process until moist clumps form, turning mixer on/off to scrape sides.
- GATHER dough into ball and, using floured fingertips, press dough onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch tart pan with removeable bottom.
- PRESS 1/2 cup almonds over bottom of crust. Spread 1/2 cup jam over almonds; spread 1/2 cup butterscotch topping over jam.
- BAKE tart until crust is golden at edges and jam is thick and bubbly, about 40 minutes. Cool completely on rack. Push up pan bottom to release tart.
- TOSS berries with remaining 2 tablespoons jam in bowl to coat. Top tart with berries; sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons almonds around edge of tart. Drizzle additional 2 tablespoons butterscotch over top.
- *To toast nuts: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.