Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy no-bake bar cookie, with two cereals. 2 points on WW!
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups wheat flakes cereal
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sugar; stir well.
- Add marshmallows; cook until marshmallows melt, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in cereals.
- Press mixture into bottom of 13x9 baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Let cool at least 1 hour.
These were/are very good. Used Wheaties brand cereal, and it gave it a nive sweet flavor, I think these are much more tastier than the the 'plain old rice crispy squares' Thanks Connie K!
Although I was looking forward to making this recipe, I was very disappointed. The bars were very grainy/gritty due to the brown sugar. Perhaps the sugar step is incorrect in instructions.
I have to give this 5 stars because not all "diet" recipes are this good! I had to sub bran flakes for the wheat flakes (probably picked up even more fiber and maybe less points?!) and they still were a very satisfying treat for a chronic dieter with a sweet tooth!