Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Gooey brownie-like texture. Can mix the whole thing right in the pot for easy clean-up.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In a medium-sized pot, over low heat, melt butter and sugar together. Cool.
- Beat in the egg.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in a greased and floured 8 x 8" square pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool. Cut into bars.
I have made this recipe several times. It is easy to make and the bars get plenty of compliments!
These tasted good, and were gooey and brownie-like as advertised. However, they didn't taste like butterscotch, which was disappointing. They tasted more like brown sugar bars. I might make these again though... thanks MaeEast!
Good recipe. I added butterscotch morsels, which made it even better.