Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yet another yummy treat from Cooking Light. Each bar is about 150 calories. Tip: If you can't handle eating just one. Cut them up, put in indifidual bags and put in freezer. This works great with most cookie/bars.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat sugars and butter at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 4 minutes). Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well. Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed just until blended.
- Spread batter evenly into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with morsels. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Made these as part of the munchies for one of the monthly gatherings I host & they were great, & a nice change from my usual chocolate goodies! A very nice keeper of a recipe, easy to make & one I'll be happy to make every now & then! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]
Delicious! These don't taste "light" at all. If you're looking for a last minute treat this is also very quick to make. Made for DECEMBER Bevy Tag: Holiday on a Budget.