Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My sister gave me this recipe years ago.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup walnuts
- In a saucepan put margarine and brown sugar, cook at low heat until bubbling.
- Cool, add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift together dry ingredients add with nuts and coconut to brown sugar mixture.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Cook in oven for 25 minutes at 350°.
My mom has been making these for years!! I was going to post the recipe and found someone already had. :) We call these Blondies, the opposite of Brownies in our house. :) These are terrific and easy to make bar cookies. The brown sugar, coconut, and walnuts are the selling points in this cookie. A 13x9 pan of these go very quickly at work and home. Thanks for posting...it's great seeing it out there.
My mom was given this recipe by a friend in 1983 and we love it! Very chewy! We bake ours in a 10x15 pan. I'm glad this recipe is posted here - my handwritten copy is pretty worn out.
these came out great! perfect amount of time - but i made mine in a smaller pan for thicker bars - excellent!