Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Like a cake, but lighter, true! NOT the most ordinary of puddings too! LOVE the taste, curiosity WILL get you! Look forward to the first review!
- 125 g flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 125 g caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 90 g butter or 90 g margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 140 g brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup golden syrup
- 250 g boiling water
- PREHEAT oven to 180 C/ 350°F.
- COMBINE brown sugar, golden syrup and boiling water in a put; bring to a boil for about 2- 3 minutes; set aside.
- SIFT flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- ADD beaten egg, melted butter, vanilla extra and mashed banana.
- POUR combined mixture (Steps 3 and 4)into greased casserole dish (use 3.5 Litre pyrex). THEN very slowly, pour brown sugar/golden syrup over what is in the casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes.
- Can serve with you favourite ice cream!
- NOTE Golden Syrup = Light Treacle or Light Molasses.
So yummy and easy to do - I doubled the recipe with no problems at all and could have eaten the lot myself !!