Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids love these!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked
- 1⁄3 cup sugar or 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon banana flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- Combine dry ingredients, including oatmeal and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the banana, egg, milk, oil and flavoring and blend well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Add the butterscotch chips.
- Spoon batter into a well greased or lined muffin tin filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
These muffins are great! I didn't have banana flavoring so added an extra banana. Also forgot to add the sugar but with the bananas and the butterscotch chips they were sweet enough. Made for Football Pool 2011 Win.
These muffins are SO good! I didn't have banana flavoring so I used vanilla extract instead, and they taste great. Thank you for an awesome recipe.
These were a great muffin...different than the normal muffins offered at brunch. I made the muffins exactly as directed and all was perfect. Everyone loved the banana and butterscotch combination. I will definitely be making these again.