Recipe by Manami
This banana cake has sweet butterscotch inside and out. What can be so bad about bananas and butterscotch? Try it you might like it! I found this on verybastbaking.com & tweaked it a bit; I didn't allow for cooling time of 20 minutes.
- 1 2⁄3 cups butterscotch chips, divided (11 oz pkg)
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup medium mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate semisweet chocolate morsel (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease 10-cup Bundt pan or round tube pan.
- Microwave 1-1/3 cups butterscotch morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high(70%) power for 1 minute.
- The morsels may retain some of their original shape.
- If necessary, microwave an additional 10 to 15 second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, bananas, vegetable oil, water and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl.
- Beat on low speed until moistened.
- Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir 2 cups batter into melted morsels.
- Stir chocolate chips and chopped nuts into remaining batter.
- Alternately spoon batters into prepared baking pan.
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 20 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Place remaining morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Microwave on medium-high(70%) power for 30 seconds; knead.
- Microwave an additional 10-15 second intervals, kneading until smooth.
- Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over cake.