Recipe by Charmie777
Ohhhh mannnn, these are good! I made these up by taking a basic waffle recipe and combining it with my butterscotch banana breaad recipe...ta da! These are so good with butter and maple syrup, or even plain!! These can also be served with ice cream for dessert.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sour milk (or buttermilk)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed well
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl beat the egg yolks.
- Add sour milk and mashed bananas.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into batter.
- Gently stir in butterscotch chips.
- Heat waffle iron and brush with oil.
- Pour batter into iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup or butter, if desired.
- NOTE: I wipe off any melted butterscotch from the iron between batches, so they don't burn.