1/2 Photos of Butterscotch Banana Bread
My favorite recipe for banana bread, and one I didn't see here when I searched. Use the best quality butterscotch chips you can find for this. They partially melt into the bread as it bakes, carmelizing slightly, to make a very wonderful bread...actually, much more like a cake. I will also usually add a few tablespoons of chocolate chips, to make it an even better treat. The ingredients halve easily for one loaf. The recipe is from the National Pike Inn, New Market, MD. NOTE: The bread might not rise that much, or brown too much, but it is still wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease two 8" loaf pans (or spray well with non-stick spray) Cream together the butter or margarine, eggs& sugar (as Kim D suggested, if you add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, the loaf should rise a little better).
- 3Add the bananas.
- 4Then add the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg and blend together.
- 5Fold in the butterscotch chips (and chocolate chips if desired).
- 6Divide batter between the two prepared baking pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until firm in the center.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1730.9
- Calories from Fat 642
- Total Fat 71.4 g
- Saturated Fat 46.5 g
- Cholesterol 333.5 mg
- Sodium 1535.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 255.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 140.1 g
- Protein 23.0 g