Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a Tollhouse cookbook I just bought-cant wait to try them
- 8 ounces dried apricots
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups flour, divided
- 1 2⁄3 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- For Filling:.
- In a medium saucepan, combing apricots and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until water evapourates and mixture is thickened.
- Set aside.
- For Cookie Layer:.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, combing 1 3/4 cups of flour, oats, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In large bowl combine molasses and butter and beat until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Remove 1 cup of mixture and place in small bowl. Set aside.
- Press remaining mixture into foil lined 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- Top with filling and set aside.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup flour to reserved mixture, stir until crumbs form.
- Stir in butterscotch morsels and sprinkle crumb mixture on top.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack
- Cut into 2 by 1 1/2 inch bars.