Butterscotch Apple Pudding
- Sift the flour, baking powder, spice and salt together.
- Peel, core & dice apples and toss them into the flour mixture.
- Add milk and mix with a knife to blend all the ingredients.
- Spread mixture into a greased baking dish approx 9" (23cm) square or a round one of similar size.
- Measure the topping ingredients in the order given into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Pour boiling mixture carefully over the batter in the pan.
- Bake uncovered at 375'- 400'F (190' - 200'C) for approx 45-60mins, or until topping is firm in the centre and golden brown.
- Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.