Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We did an apple run and I picked these recipes up.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup tap water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 cups sliced apples
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Melt butter; add flour, sugar and hot water.
- Cook until thick; add apples.
- Cook until tender; add vanilla.
- Put in baked pie shell; cool.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Bake shell ahead of time.
- I have not tried this yet.
Easy to make. I used a crumb pie crust recipe from this site but I am wondering if this is supposed to be a two-crust pie? Helps to use a wire whisk in Step #1 and also helps if the ingredients are written in order. Reviewed for Afternoon Tea and Light Suppers 2010.
This was very easy to make. No baking except for the crust. I used My No Roll Pie Crust for the crust. I think it only took about 10 minutes for apples to soften. I forgot the vanilla! This would look nice with whipped cream on the top. I used whole wheat for the crust, but want to try it with white. Great recipe to whip up quick, if you have unexpected company (which I never have!:))